Monday, December 29

On the Easel - Abstract Landscape Painting in Progress (Part One)

I had already worked on this painting some before I decided to share its progress. In this 1st photo I had already applied about 5 - 7 layers of paint. This painting measures 40" x 24". When I paint in acrylics I use any tool needed to get the paint to do what I want. So far in this painting I have used brushes, fingers, rags and old credit cards.


As you can see this photo was taken at an angle in order to get the whole length. The lighting wasn't great today and I was using my daylight lamps so the colors may be a little more off than usual.

I then added in the background treeline. This was also several more layers and I ended up with a lot of paint on me instead of the canvas. lol




I will add more photos as I progress so be sure to check back.




0 comments: