Monday, November 24

Painting a Day - Daily Painting - First Snow


"First Snow"
Watercolor on Paper
6" x 4" (OSWOA)

I have always created small works as studies for larger paintings and/or experiment with new techniques or subjects but I have only begun in the past year to share these and offer them for sale. I usually paint one or more of these small studies per day. I didn't start this because of the painting a day "movement" as I have been doing this many years but I have acquired quite a collection of these small works so I have decided to share them.

Because they are usually done as a study of a subject or idea, many times they are not in my usual style so I have been hesitant about offering them. Painting outside of my usual methods and/or style gives me the freedom to experiment without veering too far away from my personal vision of where I want to take my art. I already have a tendency to do that anyway (a symptom of having so many and varied interests!). Painting these helps me somewhat to stay on track.

I will try to add at least one of these every day of the week if possible. Forgive me please if I miss a day or two here and there. I have a disability that occasionally leaves me unable to get out of bed and I don't have a laptop so that makes it difficult sometimes to keep up.

Bid on this painting.

0 comments: